Coastal Engineering Sub-Division, Bhatkal is one of the sub divisions functioning under Coastal Engineering Division. This
office is headed by Research Officer, and based in the Bhatkala Town of Uttara Kannada District. The sub division has a jurisdiction
of about 160 km of west coast line Uttara Kannada District of Karnataka.
Main Regulatory functions are:
- Monthly Monitoring of the sea protection works at Uttara Kannada districts which are under progress.
- Monthly collection of the beach data for the sea erosion affected sites.
- Collection of the of Pre and Post Monsoon monitoring data for completed sea protection works at Uttara Kannada District to
know there general behaviour and to evaluate their performance for the tidal actions.
- Collection of the beach offset data, for the purpose of the establishing the beach line movement.
- Conducting the Beach profiles Survey with the agency at the pre identified critical erosion prone sites at post monsoon period.
- Co-ordinating with the Port Authorities for acquiring the data for getting up of the master plan for the six minor port development
- Coordinating with the divisional office for the site visits of the on-going and completed sea walls.
- Carrying out the detailed independent research studies independently or as referred by the project authorities.
Coastal Engineering Sub Division
Karnataka Enginring Research Station
Bhatkala, Uttara Kannada District
Phone: 08385 224954
Cell: +91 9880142075
Email: [email protected]