Coastal Engineering Sub-Division, Mangalore is one of the sub divisions functioning under Coastal Engineering Division.
This office is headed by Research Officer, and based in the Mangalore City. The sub division has a jurisdiction of about
140 kms of west coast line of Karnataka which is spread across two revenue districts ie., 40 Kms in Dakshina Kannada & 100Kms
in Udupi District.
Main Regulatory functions are :
- Monthly Monitoring of the sea protection works at Dakshina Kannada & Udupi districts which are under progress.
- Monthly collection of the beach data for the sea erosion affected sites.
- Collection of the of Pre and Post Monsoon monitoring data for completed sea protection works at Dakshina Kannada & Udupi
Districts to know there general behaviour and to evaluation their performance for the tidal actions.
- Collection of the beach offset data, for the purpose of the establishing the beach line movement.
- Conducting the Beach profiles Survey with the agency at the pre identified critical erosion prone sites at post monsoon period.
- Co-ordinating with the Port Authorities for acquiring the data for getting up of the master plan for the six minor port development
- Coordinating with the divisional office for the site visits of the on-going and completed sea walls.
- Carrying out the detailed independent research studies independently or as referred by the project authorities.
Coastal Engineering Sub Division
Karnataka Enginring Research Station
Mangalore, Dakshina Kannada
Cell: +91 990208577
Email: [email protected]